Wireless Radio Frequency Headphones
Quick charging your headphones is a breeze with the secure charging system. A 3.5 hour charge will produce a full charge of approximately 25 hours. recharge function.
Untangle your mind and relax with crisp, personal audio without wires. They also feature a comfortable headband and long battery life up to 25 hours. Best of all, one simple setup is all it takes to achieve optimal RF signal reception and you're on your way to cordless freedom.
- Driver Unit : 40 mm
- Volume Control : Yes (Rotary)
- Audio Modes : Mute: Operates when RF signal is weak or not received
- Effective Range : Approximately 150 feet (45 m)
- Transmitter : Ch1: 915.5 MHz, Ch2: 916.0 MHz, Ch3: 916.5 MHz (selective, FM Stereo)
- Frequency Response : 10-22000 Hz
- Channel Selection : Select by a slide switch
- Type of Use : Home
- Diaphragm : PET
- Design : Over-the-head, Home-music/movie/games
- Power On/Off : Power turns ON when headphones are worn; Red LED illuminates
- Headband : Wide, Easy-Adjust
- Magnet : Ferrite
- Headphone Type : Closed, Dynamic
- Communication : Wireless Analog 900 mHz Radio Frequency
- Inputs and Outputs
- Audio In : Analog Phono Input (left/right), Analog Stereo Input mini jack (x1)
- Power Requirements : DC 12 V (from supplied AC Adaptor)
- Battery Type : Rechargeable Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery
- Battery Life (Approx) : 25 H (with fully charged supplied Li-Ion battery pack)
- Battery Charging (Approx) : 3.5 H (to fully charge an empty battery); Battery is charged by placing MDR on TMR
- Output Power : 5 mW + 5 mW
- Internal Power Supply : Transmitter: Supplied AC adapter (12 V, 200 mA)
- Tuning : Manual tuning via switch on both base and headphones
- Weights and Measurements
- Cord Length (Approx.) : Cord Length (Approx.): 39 3/8 in. (1.0 m) Stereo connecting cable
- Dimensions (Approx.) : Transmitter: 8 5/8 x 4 1/4 x 3 7/8 in. (216 x 105 x 96 mm)
- Weight (Approx.) : Headphones: Approximately 10.59 oz. (300 grams) Including supplied battery Transmitter: Approximately 7.7 oz. (220 grams)
Hi buyersremorse, Well, that’s not what we like to hear and it is sad to find out that the unit doesn't go well. The recommended distance between the tower and the headphones is approximately 150ft and, in addition, check for any devices that cause radio-frequency interference. Thanks,
The reception on these headphones are poor. Lots of static. If you move your head, you are met with pops, snaps, and fades in and out. It is a shame because battery life is great, as is comfort. Sadly, the poor reception on any of the 3 channels really sullies my opinion of these headphones. Sony technical support didn't really have any suggestions beyond changing audio channels (which I had already tried). I will be attempting to return
1. Sony Headphone MDF-IF 240R purchased 10/30/2012 worked well for elderly impaired priest for two years; then became inoperative with static.
2. Sony Headphone MDR-IF245R purchased 3/1/2014 was inoperative with static. Numerous calls to Sony tech support yielded disappointing advice with no solutions.
3. Sony Headphone MDR-RF985RK purchased 7/21/2014 works successfully after choosing Channel 2 on transmitter.
Purchased as gift to elderly, hearing impaired priest now relating many thanks as he can hear his Sony TV without turning the volume full blast.
Purchasing three Sony headphones, two with static, did create stress and extra expenses.